1. Entertainment

Body of Proof Ousts Half the Cast

By June 7, 2012

Body of ProofABC's Body of Proof is going to be down three of their finest when the forensic drama returns early next year...

Body of Proof stars Nicholas Bishop, Sonia Sohn and John Carroll Lynch have been fired from the series, TV Line reports. Sohn and Lynch played homicide detectives Samantha Baker and Bud Morris, while Nicolas Bishop played a medico-legal investigator and worked alongside Dr. Megan Hunt (Dana Delaney) at the medical examiner's office.

The show had been one of the many on the bubble this spring and it looked unlikely that it would return next season. When ABC renewed Private Practice for a shortened season (the network has yet to confirm this), they also gave Body of Proof a reprieve. Body of Proof is expected to take over the Tuesday, 10pm time slot once Private Practice comes to an end later this year.

Interestingly enough, PP star Tim Daly was just recently fired from the show -- I guess ABC is having to take some extreme cost cutting measures in order to keep both of these shows on the air next season. I can't help but wonder if keeping Shonda Rhimes new show Scandal and the hefty price tag that comes along with producing one of her shows could be the culprit. I just hope these latest firings don't ultimately destroy this intriguing drama.

Now that all the detectives have been fired from the show, I wonder if TPTB are going to take it in a completely different direction and concentrate solely on the medical/forensic side? Stay tuned... it should be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Photo Credit: Bob D'Amico 2012 American Broadcasting Companies, Inc.

Comments

June 8, 2012 at 6:55 am
(1) Kendal says:

Unforunately I won’t be staying put to find out what direction they take the show in. Whilst I enjoy the medical side of the show, it’s just one half of what makes the show what it is. How will it work solely as a medical drama? These are dead bodies, not living people with illnesses.

I really rallied for this show to get another season, but at what cost? This show won’t be the same without these characters – it should have be canceled if budget was such a large problem.

What a shame.

June 16, 2012 at 1:56 am
(2) Marvin says:

I must agree with Kendall. What made this a very successful show was
the talented ensemble cast with each week devoted to a subplot based
on the different characters. The show already lost one of the cast members (Nathalie Kelley) at the end of the first season when she was a victim of of the viral serial killer.

July 10, 2012 at 7:33 pm
(3) Rhae says:

ugh, i agree with both marvin and kendall, i aboslutely love the show as well- but eliminating three of the most characters?? c’mon? really? plus the death of Dani in the season 2 finale.. this show will be going dowhill, quickly…

September 14, 2012 at 8:17 pm
(4) Wanda says:

You have killed the show that I love by removing those 3 characters. You should have just cancelled it. We loved it just the way it was. Nobody will watch it now.

September 25, 2012 at 2:03 pm
(5) BARBARA says:

I AM SORRY TO SEE YOU HAVE GOTTEN RID OF SOME OF THE MAIN CHARACTERS. I WON’T BE IN A HURRY TO WATCH. I LOVED IT THE WAY IT WAS. YOU CAN KEEP IT. SHOULD HAVE BEEN CANACELED IF YOU WERE GOING TO MESS WITH IT!!!!!!!!! LOVE MEGAN HUNT BUT ALSO LOVED THE OTHER CAST MEMBERS.

December 9, 2012 at 1:21 pm
(6) Kay says:

Take away the core and you have an empty shell left. We have plenty of “SHOWS” like that we will never watch. Can’t you be happy with a
show holding it’s own?
Damn GREED is killing what’s left to watch….! Is Scandal next???