1. Entertainment

Lifetime Renews 'Army Wives'

By September 23, 2012

Army WivesFans of Lifetime's Army Wives can breathe a collective sigh of relief - the network has renewed the drama!

Lifetime has announced that Army Wives will return for a seventh season, which is expected to get underway next spring. However, there is a catch -- not all of the original cast members will be back. Brigid Brannagh (Pamela) left at the beginning of season 6 and Roxy at the very end -- and of course, we all know Kim Delany was mysteriously MIA for most of the season.

Contracts for all of the original cast members were up at the end of this past season. Catherine Bell signed a two-year contract with ABC, but so far she is the only cast member sure to return. New cast member Kelli Williams, who was supposedly brought on to replace Delany, is likely to return. The remainder of the cast is up in the air.

In the weeks prior to the season six finale, Lifetime alarmed fans with their the way they worded promos for the upcoming finale, making fans believe at the time that it was all coming to an end. That phone call General Holden got in the last scene may have caused some fans a bit of anxiety, but to me it was a positive sign that the show would return -- or it would be one of the worst series finale moments ever.

Which original and new cast members would you like to see return? Post your comments below...

Photo Credit: ABC Studios/Lifetime Networks

Comments

September 23, 2012 at 8:41 pm
(1) Sunny says:

I would like to see all of them return. Great chemistry. Love the storyline of Roxie and her family. It’s just all good.
I was in amazement when the last show aired and thought that is the most horrible ending to a series I ever saw. So glad it wasn’t, although if a lot of the cast is not returning, how many will they have to kill off.
I say get them back… Or the series may go to h… In a hand basket!

September 24, 2012 at 9:57 pm
(2) Kelli says:

I love Roxie…she needs to come back!!!!

September 24, 2012 at 10:04 pm
(3) Phyllis says:

Roxie and her family. Of course nothing is as good as the original cast.

September 25, 2012 at 11:52 am
(4) Susan says:

I will be so happy if Roxy and Trevor return Love them!!!! I have also grown to like Gloria and Hector. Of course Roland and Joan, Denise and Frank. Also General Holden and I Hope Claudia Joy comes bavk. It’s not the same workout her!!! Prayfully she will get whatever help she May need and come back. I want Pam and Chase to come back as well.. However that probably wont Happen. Too bad they killed off Jeremy,.I really liked him. I have been a fan of this show.from the beginning and recorded every episode.

September 26, 2012 at 11:58 am
(5) Dijano says:

Army Wives won’t be Army Wives with a whole new cast. The final episode was the worst ending to a show I’ve ever watched.

September 26, 2012 at 12:24 pm
(6) Leslie says:

I’m so glad the show was renewed. If Claudia Joy doesn’t return, it won’t be the same. She’s the rock of the series.

October 11, 2012 at 8:39 pm
(7) Bel says:

Thank you, thank you. Great series, great cast, hope not too many changes and we see some of the regulars still there.

October 21, 2012 at 8:14 pm
(8) Vickie says:

I hope that all the original cast members (even Pamela) returns. I have enjoyed every session and every show since the beginning. I enjoy all the ladies, including Joan. I love Gloria as well. GREAT SHOW!!!

October 22, 2012 at 1:32 pm
(9) T.J. Fetters says:

I hope you can get Roxie and her family back. I also would like to see Claudia Joy back! I had been on a road trip and just returned this week as I recorded what I thought was the last show of the series. Thank goodness It is not ending as that would have been the worst ending of all times. Will look forward to the return next June. T.J.

October 27, 2012 at 5:35 pm
(10) Erika Fervida says:

I want all original cast memebers back they are the reason this show is so good i am super thrilled its coming back i love army wives

October 27, 2012 at 10:58 pm
(11) Ann says:

I love this show and all the original cast members! And agree that the show will not be the same without them so please do whatever you can to entice them ALL to return. They have great chemistry between them and it works well. I know it may be hard to beleive but, it is the ONLY show I watch on TV! (I enjoy reading more) And I look forward to it every week. I was sadden when Pamela and Claudia Joy left. Then now Roxie, Trevor and their family! Please bring them all back!!! I also don’t think Army Wives will be the same (or last) if they brining in many new characters.

October 30, 2012 at 3:46 pm
(12) Betty Boop says:

I love them all so much. A great group and it worked so well. I am very glad it will be on in 2013. Roxie, Joan need to be in the drama.

November 1, 2012 at 5:02 am
(13) Marine Wife says:

So glad to hear the series has been renewed. It is one of my very favorites. I too will miss much of the original cast, but sadly a constantly changing “cast” is actually a way of life in the military. The dynamics are constantly changing and so are your friends and neighbors. It is a military reality…..give the new cast members (whoever they are) a chance to grow on you before you decide the season will fail without all of the originals.

November 5, 2012 at 3:27 pm
(14) Jackie Alger says:

It is and always will be my very favorite series. I just love the story lines and every one of the actors on it. KEEP IT GOING !!!!!!

December 4, 2012 at 11:45 pm
(15) carol says:

I totally love the show. I want all the characters back with the exception of Kelli Williams and her on screen husband.