1. Entertainment

NBC Sets Midseason Return Dates and Puts 'Revolution' on Extended Hiatus

By November 1, 2012

RevolutionNow that all the fall shows have premiered, are you ready for the next round?

NBC has announced their midseason plans and as always with the network, there's some good news and some bad news. First, the good... last season's entertaining musical drama Smash returns on Tuesday, February 5 with a two-hour episode. New series Hannibal and Do No Harm have not yet been given a premiere date., but the third new offering, Deception (previously titled Infamous), debuts on January 7.

As for the bad news...

NBC's newest hit series Revolution will take a four month hiatus following the November 26 episode. The series will return on March 25. Have the networks not learned from their past mistakes? Jericho was a big hit on CBS until its 10-week hiatus. When the series returned, the viewers did not. The same problem plagued Flashforward, The Event and Heroes (due to the writers' strike). Maybe Billy Burke can use his hiatus to return to Rizzoli and Isles for a bit?

Will Revolution fall victim like the others? When will the networks ever learn that you cannot put a serialized drama on hiatus for an extended period of time? NBC finally has a bonafide hit on their hands -- this gamble makes absolutely no sense at all.

Comments

November 2, 2012 at 8:04 am
(1) tricia sinnette says:

That’s not good we need to do something about that I can’t wait that long

November 6, 2012 at 10:42 pm
(2) Brightonjack says:

Well, I didn’t even start watching the show because I am so tired of getting interested in shows and then them disappearing.

November 6, 2012 at 11:47 pm
(3) TJF says:

I really liked ‘Revolution,” but thesee networks don”t put successful shows on a four month hiatus…musn’t have done as well as they thought in the ratings or something…by the time it comes back, they will be using it as a holiday filler or something….

its all about the money, as well all know…and it seems they don’t really care at all about the fans.

I’m still ticked off about the cancellation of BreakOut Kings and many others…

There have been only a few spectactular shows that I never missed ….Rescue Me, Breaking Bad, Sopranos, Sons of Anarchy, Burn Notice….but the rest of them, I don’t get so involved anymore because I have learned that many of the good ones that I like never last….

Oh and don’t get me STARTED about Jericho!

November 7, 2012 at 12:55 am
(4) Venice says:

I’ve been hanging on to “Revolution” by a thread because I just don’t find it that interesting. If it’s not on for four months, I’ll never watch it again, just like I never returned to “The Event” and “Flashforword”, both of which were a lot more interesting. NBC has made some of the worst decisions in the history of television and never learns from its mistakes. It’s a shame to see a good series needlessly go under. It’s also an injustice to everyone involved in the show. I don’t think NBC will ever wake up.

November 7, 2012 at 1:54 am
(5) Sharron Hayward says:

Well, for one I will not be watching it any more. Why waste the time. I am sticking with CBS. Shows there last.

November 7, 2012 at 9:44 am
(6) Judy says:

What is the matter with NBC. How can they not have learned from past mistakes. When they have a hit show why not run with it while they have the viewers interest. There have been so many good shows in the past that they’ve done the same thing to and they always lose support from the fans after such a long hiatus…makes no sense and is an injustice to the shows followers.

November 8, 2012 at 3:28 pm
(7) LostSoul says:

This is NOT good…I need my weekly Danielle Alonso fix!!! :-(

November 8, 2012 at 5:19 pm
(8) Kim says:

Too bad. I enjoy the show and hope I can remember to look at the show in March.

November 9, 2012 at 10:20 am
(9) g says:

The networks need to look at how Fox ran 24. It ran every week without a hiatus.

November 28, 2012 at 1:29 pm
(10) illbeback says:

The show was only picked up for the full 22 episodes on Oct 2nd. It takes time to make new episodes, so for this show you shouldn’t blame them too much (NBC could have made the decision earlier for sure)
I for one really like the show, I have all the shows saved and around March I’ll rewatch them to be ready for the new ones.
Now how about all the other shows that take 2 months off, what’s their excuse? I’m looking at you Walking Dead.
Oh and my mid season replacement is Flash Forward, I never got to watch the last half but will watch the whole series in a straight shot (then really hate NBC for not bringing it back)