When a family moves into a new home, they are quickly introduced to a series of people who turn out to be former residents of the house... all of whom are dead (unbeknownst to the current residents). As strange things begin happening around the house, little by little the pieces are put together by both the audience and the characters. Will the current residents make it out alive? The first season cast didn't...
October 5, 2011
When is it on?:
During its regular season run, American Horror Story airs on Wednesdays at 10:00 PM ET.
'American Horror Story' Cast:
Each season, a new cast comes in to inhabit a new haunted house. The season one cast included:
- Dylan McDermott as Ben Harmon
- Connie Britton as Vivien Harmon
- Taissa Farmiga as Violet Harmon
- Jessica Lange as Constance Langdon
- Evan Peters as Tate Langdon
- Frances Conroy as Moira O'Hara
- Alexandra Breckenridge as Young Moira
- Kate Mara as Hayden McClaine
- Lily Rabe as Nora Montgomery
- Jamie Brewer as Adelaide
- Matt Ross as Charles Montgomery
- Denis O'Hare as Larry Harvey
- Christine Estabrook as Marcy
- Morris Chestnut as Luke
- Zachary Quinto as Chad Warwick
Creator: The Brains Behind 'AHS':
The series is the brainchild of Glee
mastermind Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk. Murphy's first television creation was the teen dramedy Popular
on the WB. He also serves as the producer and writer of each of his series.
Before 'American Horror Story':
The season one cast of American Horror Story
come from impressive backgrounds...
- Dylan McDermott spent six years playing Bobby Donnell in the hit ABC series The Practice, a role he also played in the Fox series Ally McBeal for a couple of episodes. He also starred in the short-lived ABC drama Big Shots, as well as the TNT crime drama Dark Blue.
- Connie Britton played Tami Taylor in the once-popular drama Friday Night Lights, a role that earned her two Emmy nominations. She also appeared in season (Day) five of Fox's 24.
- American Horror Story marks the first television series for film actress Jessica Lange. Lange is a two-time Oscar winner for her roles in Blue Sky and Tootsie and has starred in movies such as Big Fish, A Streetcar Named Desire, Hush, Grey Gardens and Sybil. She won the Golden Globe for her role in American Horror Story.
- Denis O'Hare has also appeared in numerous films and television series. He is a recurring character in HBO's True Blood and The Good Wife.
- Evan Peters was a series regular in ABC's Invasion and also appeared in several episodes of One Tree Hill.
- Frances Conroy played Ruth Fisher in HBO's long-running drama Six Feet Under.
- Kate Mara also appeared in season five of 24 along with Connie Britton. She also appeared in several episodes of Nip/Tuck and Jack & Bobby. Mara is the great-granddaughter of Timothy Mara, the founder of the New York Giants and Art Rooney, the founder of the Pittsburgh Steelers football team.
- Lily Rabe has appeared in episodes of Nip/Tuck, Medium and The Good Wife.
- Zachary Quinto starred in the once-popular NBC drama Heroes.
- The house used in season one is called the Rosenheim Mansion and is located in Los Angeles at 1120 Westchester Place.
- Each season, the cast and location of the haunted house will change.
- Several season one characters will appear in season two as different characters. The actors include Jessica Lange, Zachary Quinto, Evan Peters, Sarah Paulson and Lily Rabe.