They're called the bravest for a reason -- the Firefighters, Rescue Squad and Paramedics of Chicago Firehouse 51 stare in the face of danger every single day and risk their lives to save people they don't even know. When an accident claims one of their own, the men and women of Firehouse 51 find themselves at odds with one another as they are forced to take sides. Although tensions are running high, when the call comes, each member of this team fall into place and work together to save lives. If you're looking for a drama that depicts real people working real jobs, this is the show to watch.
October 10, 2012
When Is It On?:
Wednesdays at 10pm ET on NBC (check local listings). The latest episodes (as well as some other goodies about the cast) can be found at NBC's official Chicago Fire website.
'Chicago Fire' Cast:
- Teri Reeves as Hallie
- David Eigenberg as Christopher Hermann
- Charlie Barnett as Peter Mills
- Lauren German as Leslie Shay
- Monica Raymund as Gabriella Dawson
- Taylor Kinney as Kelly Severide
- Jesse Spencer as Matthew Casey
- Eamonn Walker as Battalion Chief Walter Boden
- Merle Dandridge as Kay Fitori
- Chicago Fire is filmed in Chicago, Illinois
- The series is created by Dick Wolf, the mastermind behind Law & Order, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit and Law & Order: Criminal Intent.
- The show often films on location and there was one scene that was so realistic that the local authorities had to out up signs for people passing by to not call 911.
- Series creator Dick Wolf filmed a TV documentary in Chicago called Arrest and Trial.
- Fox's new fall drama The Mob Doctor is also filmed in Chicago.
About Jesse Spencer (Matthew Casey):
Most will likely recognize this handsome Australian actor for playing Dr. Robert Chase in Fox's hit series House (171 episodes). Before becoming House's whipping boy, Jesse starred in the popular Australian TV drama Neighbours for 11 years (and 449 episodes). He also starred in the movie Uptown Girls with Brittany Murphy and had a handful of guest starring roles over the years.
About Taylor Kinney (Kelly Severide):
Taylor is still relatively new to the acting world, but achieved instant fan appreciation when he guest starred in the CW's hit drama The Vampire Diaries as Mason Lockwood, Tyler's werewolf cousin who comes to town to help him come to grips with being a werewolf. His character was killed off before TPTB realized how popular he would become. Before Vampire Diaries, Taylor starred in the short-lived NBC medical drama Trauma as Glenn Morrison. His very first leading role was in My Network TV's telenovella Fashion House, where he played Luke Gianni opposite Robert Buckley, Morgan Fairchild and Bo Derek.
About Eamonn Walker (Battalion Chief Walter Boden):
This incredibly talented British actor got his start on television back in 1985 when he appeared in the UK-based series In Sickness and In Health, followed by The Bill. Upon coming over to the United States, Eamonn landed a role on the popular HBO prison series Oz as Kareem Said. Following Oz, Eamonn starred in the short-lived series Kings, The Whole Truth and Justice. Hopefully his role on Chicago Fire will last a little longer than his three previous roles!