When is it on?:
- David Giuntoli as Nick Burckhardt
- Russell Hornsby as Hank Griffin
- Bitsie Tulloch as Juliette Silverton
- Silas Weir Mitchell as Eddie Monroe
- Sasha Roiz as Capt. Renard
- Reggie Lee as Sgt. Wu
- Each episode begins with a quote from one of the Grimm fairy tales.
- The series, which is based in Portland, OR, is also filmed there.
- Kate Burton (Grey's Anatomy) starred in the first three episodes as Nick's aunt.
- Before landing his role on Grimm, series star Silas Weir Mitchell starred as the mentally unsound inmate in Prison Break. Reggie Lee (Sgt. Wu) also appeared on the show as Bill Kim for sixteen episodes over the course of the second season.
- Although series star David Giuntoli has has several guest starring roles over the years, Grimm is his first starring role.
The Brother's Grimm:
- Little Red Riding Hood
- Briar Rose, whom we know as Sleeping Beauty
- Snow White
- The Golden Goose
- Hansel and Grethel
- Tom Thumb
'Grimm' vs 'Once Upon a Time':
- The series is considered a crime drama in which the main character is first and foremost, a detective hunting down the bad guys... even if they are the big bad wolf.
- The characters exist solely in this world.
- We don't get the bad stories of the fairy tale characters as they existed in fairytale land.
- Most importantly -- most of these fairy tale characters are violent creatures/beings who don't live happily ever after.
- Stories such as Little Red Riding Hood may be the foundation of an episode, but most of the evil beings Nick hunts aren't creatures named in the fairy tales.
- There are two worlds being depicted -- the fairytale realm and the modern day world.
- Each character has a back story that occurs in fairy tale land. The writers make sure we understand that what happened to these characters in the other realm is the burden they carry with them into our world.
- Although one of the main characters may be a bounty hunter, she certainly isn't solving any crimes -- other than that of the mayor (a.k.a. the evil queen).