Over the years, there have been thousands of events that have taken place, yet the public was never aware because the person had a great publicist on their side. As the former communications director to the President of the United States, Olivia Pope is no stranger to the importance of secrecy and she does her job better than anyone else. Olivia and her staff are tasked every single day with protecting their clients secrets, all the while improving their image and they'll stop at nothing to get the job done.... even if it affects their personal lives.
April 5, 2012
When is it on?:
Thursdays at 10:00 PM ET on ABC. Viewers can also watch the latest episodes after they air in primetime at ABC.com
- Kerry Washington as Olivia Pope
- Henry Ian Cusick as Stephen Finch
- Katie Lowes as Quinn Perkins
- Guillermo Diaz as Huck
- Columbus Short as Harrison Wright
- Darby Stanchfield as Abby Whelan
- Jeff Perry as Cyrus Beene
- Tony Goldwyn as President Fitzgerald Grant
- Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice creator/executive producer Shonda Rhimes is the mastermind behind Scandal.
- The series premiered midseason and although the ratings weren't fantastic, ABC decided to give it a try in the primetime lineup for the fall, 2012 season.
- Judy Smith, who is one of the co-executive producers of the show, had a career in crisis management and had Monica Lewinsky (of the Bill Clinton scandal) and Michael Vick as clients.
- Although the show is based in Washington, D.C., it is actually filmed in Los Angeles.
Life Before 'Scandal'...:
- Kerry Washington (Olivia) appeared in several television shows and was one of the stars in the Fantastic Four (as Alicia Masters) films. She had a recurring role in ABC's Boston Legal as Chelina Hall and a handful of other television series, but her role as Olivia in Scandal marks her first bonafide headlining role.
- Most viewers will recognize Henry Ian Cusick (Stephan) from his role as Desmond Lloyd in the hugely popular ABC series Lost.
- Tony Goldwyn (President Fitzgerald Grant) is probably most recognizable for his role as the evil Carl Bruner in the popular film Ghost. he has also starred in the movies The Pelican Brief, Nixon (as Nixon), The Sixth Day, The Last Samurai and The Last House on the Left. He has guest starred in several primetime dramas including The Good Wife, Dexter, Drop Dead Diva and Law and Order: Criminal Intent, but his role as the president in Scandal marks his very first starring role in a drama series.
- Columbus Short (Harrison) starred in the short-lived NBC drama Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip and movies such as Stomp the Yard and The Losers.
- Guillermo Diaz (Huck) has made a name for himself in the television world, starring in several series such as Weeds, Mercy and No Ordinary Family. he has appeared in dozens of other television series and films over the years.
- Darby Stanchfield (Abby) has appeared in a number of television series, most notably as April Green in the CBS drama Jericho.
- Katie Lowes (Quinn) has appeared in several television series and films, but her role in Scandal marks her first big role.
- Jeff Perry (Cyrus) has had a long and illustrious film and television career. Most recently, he recurred on Grey's Anatomy as Meredith's father, Thatcher Grey. He had a long-running role as Inspector Harvey Leek in the popular '90s drama Nash Bridges (122 episodes in total) and has appeared in many, many primetime television series in guest starring roles.