The series follows an ensemble cast of diverse characters three months following Hurricane Katrina. While most of the city's residents have relocated to Baton Rouge and Houston, many of the remaining residents now live in the "sliver by the river" (Treme) and are trying to pick up the pieces of their shattered lives amongst the devastation that continues to surround them. From chefs to musicians, each character has an inspirational (and often heart-breaking) story to tell about the events that took place in 2005 and how they are trying to rise above it all by rebuilding the city they love so much.
April 11, 2010
When is 'Treme' On?:
During its reguarly scheduled season run, Treme airs new episodes on Sundays at 10pm ET on HBO (check local listings). The series can also be found on HBO on Demand.
- Wendell Pierce as Antoine Batiste
- Steve Zahn as Davis McAlary
- Khandi Alexander as LaDonna Batiste-Williams
- John Goodman as Creighton Bernette
- Rob Brown as Delmond Lambreaux
- Kim Dickens as Janette Desautel
- Michiel Huisman as Sonny
- Melissa Leo as Toni Bernette
- Lucia Micarelli as Annie
- Clarke Peters as Albert Lambreaux
Is There Really a Town Called Treme?:
Yes, it's true! Tremé is located to the west of the French Quarter and is one of the oldest cities in New Orleans. It one one of the few areas to experience minor flood damage after Hurricane Katrina. According to HBO, "Jazz itself was said to be born there, created by the slaves of Creole planters who were allowed to drum and chant on Sundays and market days in a public area that came to be known as Congo Square."
- Series writer David Mills passed away just a couple weeks before Treme premiered.
- The series was renewed for a second season shortly after the first episode premiered.
- Series star Wendall Piece is a native of New Orleans.
Meet the Cast: