September 10, 2009
When is it On?:
Thursdays at 8pm ET on the CW (check local listings).
'The Vampire Diaries' Cast:
- Ian Somerhalder as Damon
- Nina Dobrev as Elena
- Paul Wesley as Stefan
- Steven R. McQueen as Jeremy
- Kat Graham as Bonnie Bennett
- Candice Accola as Caroline Forbes
- Matt Davis as Alaric Saltzman
- Michael Trevino as Tyler Lockwood
- Zach Roerig as Matt Donovan
By the Book:
The Vampire Diaries
is based on a book series (of the same name), written by author L. J. Smith. There are 4 novels in the original trilogy and a new trilogy titled, The Vampire Diaries: The Return
is on its way (the first book has been released).
'Twilight' vs. 'The Vampire Diaries':
Fans of both book series are undoubtedly passionate about their favorite vampires, so naturally there has been plenty of friendly fighting about which vampire came first. Before any blood is shed (yes, pun intended), The Vampire Diaries
was first published in 1991. Twilight
didn't hit the bookshelves
- Kevin Williamson, of Dawson's Creek fame, serves as the executive producer.
- Zach Roerig, Michael Trevino and Paul Wesley all went out for the role of Damon.
- James Van der Beek was in the running for the role of Alaric.
- The series is filmed in Georgia.
'The Vampire Diaries' Synopsis:
Following the death of their parents, Elena and Jeremy Gilbert are trying to put the pieces of their broken lives back together. As a new school year begins, Elena's life is completely turned upside down by a handsome and mysterious new student named Stefan Salvatore. Little does she know that he is a centuries-old vampire who is trying to live a peaceful existence.
Stefan's brother Damon, also a vampire, is the polar opposite and lives a life of violence. The only thing the two brother's share is their love for Elena. It will be an epic battle of good vs. evil in the quiet town of Mystic Falls, Virginia and no soul will be safe.